With SAP CRM you can view your marketing projects from three different perspectives
- Marketing Calendar: For a certain time range it provides an overview of all marketing projects
- Marketing Plan: Provides hierarchical view
- Campaign automation: It offers Java applet-based process view
As part of the SAP CRM Marketing project we have Marketing Elements at Strategic Planning Level and operative Task / Level
- At Strategic Planning Level it offers Marketing Plan.
- Marketing plan is for planning a concrete marketing concept.
- In a marketing plan it is possible to define the strategic goals like targeted market share, budget, etc.
- Number of marketing elements is used to structure a marketing plan in form of a hierarchy.
- Marketing Plan is a top-down allocation to brand, region and so on.
- It is possible to assign one or more campaigns to each marketing plan.
- As Operative Task it includes Campaign/Promotion.
- Campaigns are to focus on operative doing.
In a campaign you can define:
- Event characteristics like Dates, objectives, tactics, etc.
- Execution parameters like products, prices and so on.
- Intended audience as target group or customer segment.
Finally it includes Campaign Execution.
a marketing plan or/and campaign, in the general data we have relevant
type. This Type behaves as the controlling element in the marketing. It
helps in defining appropriate objectives and tactics along with default
attributes such as action profile or status profile. To control this, it
is possible to define relationship between types, objectives, and
tactics as part of SAP CRM Marketing customizing.
Default statuses for CRM Marketing
In the customizing it allows to define user statuses and assignment of
these user statuses to the certain type (campaign type). It is the current marketing element status (or the combination of all
statuses) that determines the business transaction which could be
executed for a marketing element.A
marketing element has its own life cycle which begins when it is
created and ends with its closure or cancellation. During this life
cycle marketing element goes through several system statuses. Marketing
organization is assigned in the General Data of marketing plan details
and campaign details.