The SAP NetWeaver component supports platform-independent web services, business applications, and standards-based development that enable you to use existing technology assets for web services-oriented solutions. All Enterprise Components described here run on top of SAP NetWeaver.
The components of NetWeaver are as follows:
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server Supports platform-independent web services, business applications, and standards-based development that enable you to use existing technology assets for web services-oriented solutions.
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment Enables you to develop Java and composite applications from scratch and on top of existing services.
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse
Accelerator Enables you to integrate data from across the enterprise and
transform it into practical, timely business information to drive sound
- SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Delivers open integration technologies that support process-centric collaboration across the extended value chain.
- SAP NetWeaver Mobile Provides a
future-proof mobile runtime environment based on open and flexible
technology standards and a powerful development environment for building
integrated mobile solutions with native or browser-based user
- SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management Ensures cross-system data consistency and helps integrate business processes across the extended value chain.
- SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search Provides unified real-time access to enterprise data and information.
- SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Unifies
the identity management and provides user access according to current
business roles, and is also used to manage passwords with self-service
capabilities and approval workflow.
- SAP NetWeaver Visual Business Provides a user interface that visualizes data from SAP and external data sources on a single screen
- SAP NetWeaver Portal Unifies critical
information and applications to give users role-based views that span
the enterprise, enabling you to take full advantage of your information
- SAP Gateway (formerly called Project Gateway) Provides connectivity between devices, environments and platforms to SAP software using market standards.
- SAP Single Sign On Integrates into existing authentication processes to work as single sign-on to enterprise applications, network security and digital signatures.
- SAP Decision Service Management Aims to simplify and accelerate the management of decision logic that is driving your applications processes.