ASE Edge Edition
SAP ASE Edge Edition provids small and medium sized businesses with the same enterprise-level features that are found in SAP ASE Enterprise Edition. SAP ASE Edge Edition can run on physical or virtual machines with 4 cores or less. Machines are not limited to 2 chips as they were for SAP ASE SBE.
This gives small businesses the ability to leverage the benefits of virtualization on today's more powerful, multi-core platforms. SAP ASE Edge Edition replaces SAP ASE SBE and includes many options that were not available to SAP ASE SBE customers.
Every license includes:
- Security and Directory Services which provides SSL, LDAP authentication, row-level security, and more to provide the highest levels of security and protection from un-authorized access
- Encryption of sensitive information such as credit card numbers or SSNs that can only be decrypted by authorized users
- Intelligent Partitioning of data based on its content, which improves performance, shortens maintenance times, and simplifies operations for aging data
- Compression which can lower storage costs and improve I/o performance
- Warm standby replication of ASE Edge data to protect businesses from data loss and accessibility in the event of a system failure
The Sybase ASE Edge Edition database server enables Sybase clients to make the move to the virtual servers with the introduction of the threaded kernel model. SAP ASE Edge Edition continues the optimization for virtual servers and offers one of the most advanced database servers in the market
SAP ASE Edge Edition also includes unlimited cores of SAP Replication Server Premium Edition, restricted to warm standby capabilities of SAP ASE Edge data.