SAP HANA Real-Time Replication
Replication is a topic of interest in the distributed computing, distributed systems, and database communities. Although these communities have traditionally looked at replication from different viewpoints and with different goals (e.g., performance versus fault tolerance), recent SAP HANA developments have led to a convergence of different goals.
The SAP HANA real-time replication option provides technologies for replicating data in real time from any source system to the SAP HANA database, like trigger-based data replication using SAP LT Replication Server, log-based data replication technology by SAP Replication Server, and session-based synchronization using SAP HANA remote data sync.
SAP HANA Replication allows migration of data from source systems to SAP HANA database. Simple way to move data from existing SAP system to HANA is by using various data replication techniques. System replication can be set up on the console via command line or by using HANA studio. The primary ECC or transaction systems can stay online during this process.
We have three types of data replication methods in HANA system:
- SAP LT Replication method
- ETL tool SAP Business Object Data Service (BODS) method
- Direct Extractor connection method (DXC)
SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT) Replication Server
SLT is a perfect choice for all SAP HANA customers who need real-time or scheduled data replication from SAP and NON-SAP sources with the option to accomplish even complex data transformations on the fly.
It allows real-time (and scheduled) data replication Ability to migrate data into HANA format while replicating data in real-time "Unlimited" release coverage (from SAP R/3 4.6C onwards) sourcing data from ABAP based SAP applications
- Handling of cluster and pool tables Automatically non-Unicode to Unicode conversion during load/replication
- Table settings and transformation capabilities (e.g. data filtering, enrich table structure, anonymize data, etc.)
- Fully integrated with SAP HANA Studio (Data Provisioning and Data Modeler UI)
- Enhanced monitoring capabilities via SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP5 onwards & mobile app
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
SUSE supports SAP HANA System Replication by including components of SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, the recommended and supported operating system for SAP HANA, together with other resource agents; SAP HANA and SAP HANA Topology, to ensure disaster tolerance of a SAP HANA System.