The SAP Licensing Model
SAP licensing is based on “named users”. Customers buy various types of “named users” from SAP, such as: Professional named users, Limited Professional named users, Employee named users, etc.
Each “named user” may have a real
username(s) attached to it at a given date. That means that throughout
the specified period of time, if you purchased, say, 50 Professional
type user names from SAP, you must not exceed the maximum of 50
usernames that are defined as Professional in your system. You can, it
should be noted, switch the username(s) attached to a “named user” if,
for example, the user has left the company or has changed his license
The most-popular SAP license types
- Professional User
- Limited Professional User
- Employee User
Professional User is a named user who is authorized to perform operational-related and system administration / management roles supported by the licensed software, and has also been given the rights granted under the SAP Application Limited Professional User.
Limited Professional User is a named user who is authorized to perform limited operational roles supported by the licensed software.
Employee User is a named user who is authorized to perform the following roles supported by the licensed software, all solely for such individual’s own purpose and not for or on behalf of other individuals.
- SAP Application Developer User
- SAP Application Business Expert User
- SAP Application Professional User
- SAP Application Limited Professional User
- SAP Application Business Information User
- SAP Application Employee User
- SAP Application Employee Self-Service User
- SAP Application Employee Self-Service Core User
- SAP Application Business Expert Upgrade User
- SAP Application Business Analytics Professional User
- SAP Application Business Analytics Professional Upgrade User
- SAP Application BI Limited User
- SAP Application Standalone Business Analytics Professional User
- SAP Application Standalone BI Limited User
- SAP Application Business Information Viewer User
SAP Platform User
- SAP Platform Advanced User
- SAP Platform Extended User
- SAP Platform Standard User
Automated tools are available that enable
organizations to quickly and easily manage their SAP licenses – saving
time and resources and enabling reliable budgetary planning.
The package licenses for SAP solutions for information management,
EPM, GRC, and analytic vary by product. Each product is licensed through
a single metric unlike products under the BI portfolio, which is
offered through two metrics.
In general, if an individual uses
these analytics solutions in a view-only manner, a named user license is
not required; only the package license is required. When an individual
requires additional rights beyond view only, SAP offers three named user
licenses that may be licensed in addition to the package license:
- SAP Business Expert User
- SAP Business Analytics Professional User
- SAP Business Intelligence (BI) Limited User
Service Levels and Technical Support
The Enterprise Technical Support (ES) and Service Session (SS) First Year Maintenance (FYM) Licenses are also sold at iPuzzlebiz. Please contact us for more information.
The SAP service-level agreement (SLA) covers the entire solution stack: infrastructure, OS, SAP HANA database, and application layers. Benefit from 99.5% guaranteed availability, 24/7 global support, activity reports, and much more.