Big Data, schedule a consultation - click here!
SAP Data Management Solutions
Regain control of your data and maintain an entity-centric enterprise data framework using the SAP Data Management solutions.
iPuzzlebiz provides up-to-date coverage of the most current SAP data management architecture and technology views and system development and management solutions.
Construct your data management
business cases and road-map, build accurate models, deploy data hubs, and
implement layered security policies. Legacy system integration,
cross-industry challenges, and regulatory compliance are all covered in SAP comprehensive data management solutions.
- Plan and implement enterprise-scale SAP data management and governance solutions
- Develop your data models
- Identify, match, and link data records for various business domains
- Improve efficiency and maximize integration using SOA and Web services
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and international regulations
- Handle security using authentication, authorization, roles, entitlements, and encryption
- Defend against identity theft, data compromise, spyware attack, and worm infection
- Synchronize components and test data quality and system performance
SAP database and technology
SAP database and technology section handle the software necessary to do
the orchestration of business applications that close the gap between
insight and action, no matter if in on premise, on demand or mobile.
uses SAP Netweaver platform to deliver key functions to support
business application orchestration, enhance team productivity, business
processes, and application integration. SAP also has database solutions
integrated with their technology platform.
SAP Database and Technology section was divided in the following categories for easy comprehension. The database category has all SAP Database related software, including in-memory database solution and mobile databases.
- SAP HANA (Enterprise and Platform Edition)
- SAP Sybase Adaptative Server Enterprise
- SAP Sybase IQ
- SAP Sybase Advantage Database Server
- SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence
IQ Enterprise Edition
- SAP IQ, enterprise edition (Core)
- SAP IQ, enterprise edition, advanced security option (Core)
- SAP IQ, enterprise edition, unstructured data analytics option (Core)
- SAP IQ, enterprise edition, multiplex grid option (Server)
- SAP SIQ, enterprise edition, in-memory databases option (Core)
- SAP IQ, enterprise edition, very large database management option (terabyte)
Adaptive Server Enterprise
SAP Sybase Adaptive Server® Enterprise (SAP Sybase ASE)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition (server)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition (user)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition (concurrent session)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, high availability option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, security and directory services option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, disaster recovery option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, encrypted column option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, partitions option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, active messaging option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, in-memory databases option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, Tivoli storage manager option (core)
- SAP ASE, enterprise edition, compression option (core)
- SAP ASE, small-business edition (chip)
- SAP ASE, small-business edition (server)
- SAP ASE, small-business edition (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, on-demand edition
- SAP SQL Anywhere, advanced edition (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, advanced edition (chip)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, standard edition (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, standard edition (chip)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, workgroup edition (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, workgroup edition (chip)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, networked client (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, remote database client (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, CAC authentication option (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, FIPS security option (user)
- SAP SQL Anywhere, FIPS security option (chip)
Database Tools - License Tips|
In server plus concurrent session or user licensing, SAP requires that the computer hardware running SAP Sybase ASE be licensed (using the server metric) and also that the users directly or indirectly accessing SAP Sybase ASE be licensed (using either the concurrent session metric or user metric)
With the concurrent session metric, the aggregate number of sessions accessing SAP Sybase ASE at any one time is measured and used as the metric for licensing. With the user metric, each individual end user must be specifically identified as the sole holder of a user license to access SAP Sybase ASE.
Therefore, you must choose either the concurrent session or user metric in the server plus the concurrent session or user licensing model for a deployment of SAP Sybase ASE. However,, regardless of whether the concurrent session or user metric is chosen, there is no limit on the number of CPUs or cores running SAP Sybase ASE as long as all servers are licensed.
The package license for SAP Sybase PowerDesigner software is available in two metrics: concurrent session and user. You can choose which one to utilize.
The package license for SAP Sybase IQ Server, SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere solutions, SAP Sybase Replication Server, and SAP Sybase Event Stream Processor software varies by product. Each product is licensed using one metric only.
The SAP MaxDB database is offered as a runtime database option. It is licensed with your software licenses as a percentage uplift to the price of your software.
SAP Data Management Portfolio
SAP Adaptive Server Platform Edition (ASPE) leads to lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) across organizations' license estates. SAP is allowing SAP customers to trade in their existing under utilized licenses in exchange for new ASPE licenses, creating yet another opportunity for cost reduction.
ASPE includes many options that were previously additionally licensed, presenting immediate cost saving opportunities as well a solution to meeting business, regulatory and security needs. The standard functionality: ASE Encryption, ASE Semantic Partitions, ASE Security and Directory Services, ASE Compression, IQ Advanced Security and IQ Very Large Database Management are extremely useful tools.
Protect sensitive data with minimal performance impact
Partitions: Partition data to deliver lower
cost and higher performance
ASE Security and
Directory Services: Ensure data privacy
with row level access control, encryption of data in transit and
integration with Active Directory, LDAP and PAM
ASE Compression: Compression of structured and
unstructured data, reducing physical storage costs; improving cache and